REGISTER NOW FOR YOUR PLATINUM VIP PREVIEW! FOR PHASE 2
Phase 2 VIP BONUS: (Limited Time Only)
-OPTION FOR ASSIGNMENT
A five building community of over 900 loft-style condominiums and family-friendly townhouses, together with street-level restaurants, cafes, and boutiques, it is about a new way of living, and a new style of living, unlike any other in Toronto.
Conceived by Montreal-based Saucier+Perrotte Architects, working together with Toronto-based ZAS Architects, River City will look like nothing else in Toronto.
Neither typically modern nor in any way historical, Saucier+Perrotte's design at River City will combine bold forms with inflected planes, dark panels with transparent glass, and raw materials with soft landscaping, all in ways that reflect our unique surroundings.
River City, the first private sector development in Waterfront Toronto’s West Don Lands community, is now accepting registrations for its first phase. A LEED Gold development, River City will include 850 residential units of condominiums, lofts and townhouses, as well as boutiques, stores and restaurants, surrounded by the seven hectares (17-acres) Don River Park.
Developed by Urban Capital and designed by Saucier + Perrotte Architects, one of Canada’s most respected and award-winning design firms, River City will be a collection of bold forms and innovative spaces.
The West Don Lands will be a sustainable community where design excellence, sustainability and technology come together. Designed to be a lively and vibrant neighbourhood, it will offer a mix of housing for people at all stages of life and income levels. It will feature nine hectares (23-acres) of parks and public spaces, 6,000 new residential units of which 1,200 will be affordable housing, transit connections within five minutes of each home, and 750,000 square feet of employment, commercial and community space. The revitalization of West Don Lands will proceed over the next 10-12 years in three phases.
Amenities: Work. Play. Relax. Read, socialize, watch a movie or just watch the world go by. Take a dip or lounge by the heated outdoor pool, a shining strip of blue on a floating deck set into a beautiful 15,000 square foot landscaped courtyard. Make yourself at home in the extensive amenities area, and use the party room, lounge, exercise room, yoga and wellness area, guest suite, billiards room, private screening room and wifi-equipped business centre as a luxurious extension of your suite. Like the rest of River City, this space is exceptionally beautiful, completely comfortable, and yours to use whenever you need it.
• Saucier+Perrotte designed luminescent white “jewel” enclosed by the dark panel buildings that comprise River City Phases 1 and 3. Phase 2 is designed as three glass “minitowers” connected on each floor by glass bridges***
• Two-storey lobby located on the east “woonerf” (the lane-like road that encircles Phase 2 and connects to River Street), facing the prairie portion of Don River Park
• Two-storey indoor parking structure located behind the Phase 2 building, connected to the River Street building of Phase 1, with a landscaped courtyard and outdoor heated pool above (see Amenities)
• Two elevators located in the central “mini-tower”, with an interior corridor connecting through fully glazed passageways*** to the two other “mini-towers” flanking it
• High security features including Enterphones in all lobby vestibules, an electric fob-based access system at all entry points and to the amenity areas, and strategically located security cameras
• Twenty-four hour concierge, located in the lobby of the Phase 1 King Street building, and accessible by videophone from the Phase 2 lobby
• Energy-efficient year-round heating and cooling based on a four-pipe fan coil system
Suite Features and Finishes:
Each loft-style suite in Phase 2 has been configured with actual living in mind. And that means space – lots of it. Every unit in River City’s newest build features roomy, elegant, larger-than-average layouts designed for comfort. Nine foot ceilings, rolling doors and floor to ceiling windows give you an expansive sense of space and freedom. Open concept Saucier+Perrotte kitchens offer plenty of room for cooking, chatting and entertaining. Bigger bedrooms and expanded living areas never feel cramped, and gracious balconies and terraces expand your space even further. Beautiful, spacious and sophisticated, these lofts are made for you – and for the way you live.
• Approximately 240 high-design lofts and penthouses with 9 ft high ceilings
• Double storey family-friendly “loft-houses”, located along the east woonerf facing Don River Park, all with mud rooms and some with direct access to a designated parking space via a second private entrance*
• Loft-style designs, with exposed concrete ceilings and columns*, and signature matte black rolling doors*
• Floor-to-ceiling windows, some with a light transparent frit to maintain the white luminescent appearance of the building from the outside
• Environmentally sustainable engineered hardwood floors, in a selection of species**, in all living areas and bedrooms
• Optional built-in desks with above-desk internet and electrical outlets*
• Balconies and terraces*, accessed by way of “lift and slide” patio doors
• Custom designed suite entry doors with security viewers
• Brushed aluminum contemporary hardware
• Open concept Saucier+Perrotte designed kitchens with stone countertops**, and kitchen island where shown*
• Industrial-style single under-mount stainless steel sinks, with singlelever chrome faucets
• Backpainted glass backsplash** with custom valence lighting
• Five brand-name Energy Star® stainless-steel appliances consisting of a frost free refrigerator, self-cleaning slide-in stove, 18” or 24” dishwasher and over-the-range microwave
• All-in-one condensing washer-dryer
• S+P design vanities with vessel sinks, stone countertops** and contemporary single-lever faucets
• Custom design back-lit medicine cabinet with sliding mirror
• Contemporary bathroom fixtures throughout
• Square designed tubs and/or custom showers with spa-inspired wood slat detailing*, with full height tile surrounds**
• Frameless glass shower enclosures for separate showers*
• Ceramic tile flooring**
• Temperature controlled valves in all showers
ELECTRICAL + COMMUNICATIONS
• Service panel with breakers at suite entry
• Pre-wired telephone and cable outlets in living areas and bedrooms, with high-speed internet access
• Switch controlled receptacles in living areas and bedrooms, light fixture(s) in foyer, track lighting in kitchen and rough-in for overhead fixture in dining room
Toronto has been awarded the 2015
Pan Am Games. This is extremely exciting for all of those involved in
River City, as River City will be located immediately beside the new
18 acre Don River Park as well as the new Pan Am Athletes Village.
What this means is that what was supposed to be developed over a 15
year timeline will now be developed in 5 years...parks, bicycle paths,
roads, streetscape, transportation, restaurants, cafes, shopping and
more, and all within a very short distance to Yonge St. and Bay St. as
well as Lake Ontario.